Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Dressember 2019; Dress 3

Hello Readers. This is the third dress in my series for Dressember 2019. Anyone can join Dressember and wear a dress (Or tie.) all this month. The dress traditionally symbolizes women and women are most likely to be victims of human trafficking. You can see my Dressember page to learn more about how they rescue and rehabilitate victims around the world.
On to today's dress.

This dress started out as a sweater that I loved. It was red cashmere and it was soft as soft could be. It was a little short though so I could only wear it with high waist pants or skirts. It seemed to ride up on me when I wore it. If only it had something to hold it down.

I also had this great floral shirt. It was a nice pattern but it was SO low cut. I couldn't wear it easily. It was a loose A-line shape and I thought, maybe, it could be a skirt. If only it had something to hold it up.

I cut the shoulders and sleeves off the floral shirt and it immediately turned into a skirt shape. I was halfway done.

I stitched the red sweater onto the floral "skirt".
 Now, I had a dress. The waistband of the sweater made a waistband for my new dress.

I stitched the floral shirt closed all the way down the front so it could never come unbuttoned while I was wearing it.

With tights and boots I was as cozy as could be with my new dress.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: