Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Pretty, Pink, and Looking Pregnant

Hello Readers. Have you ever just fallen in love with a piece of clothing? Even if it was all wrong for you? You just did what you could to make it work. (It sounds like a bad relationship.) A little sewing can make a difficult shirt into something better. (I have no relationship advice. Sorry.)


This pink shirt was so pretty. Look at the embroidery and eyelet lace edges. And that coral color! I was in love. This shirt was too big and shapeless for me. I was looking a little pregnant in this picture. Don't get me wrong, pregnancy was/is great. But I am not currently pregnant.


This shirt said it was a medium but the fit was more like a large. It was just too full. That big ruffle was a problem. It was adding some unwanted bulk to my midsection. But I wasn't ready to end things with this shirt, I wanted to try and work it out. (Bad relationship again.)


I decided to take some fabric out of the back of the shirt. I couldn't just take the shirt in on the sides. It was shorter in the front and longer in the back. The side seams wouldn't match up. By making a new seam in the middle of the back of the shirt I could make it smaller without changing the general shape of the shirt.
I took less from the top of the shirt because it wasn't too big there. I thought it just needed to be smaller in the waist and ruffle.

The new seam in the back of the shirt didn't alter the look at all. I just have a slightly smaller shirt. It still has a nice loose fit, I just look less pregnant. That is what I wanted so I think I am finished here.


 We had a warm day and I wore this shirt out to get a hair cut, but I don't think I will wear it again until next summer. It's getting to be fall now, it is too cold to wear it.

.

Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

*Year end update- I still loe the color of this shirt more than anything else about it.






No comments: