Wednesday, April 11, 2018

A Fun T-shirt Update With No Sewing

Hello Readers. Sometimes I get ideas from my daughter for projects. She is very helpful. She came home with this shirt and asked me to fix it up for her. She even had an idea of what she wanted. I love T-shirt refashions, so I got to work.


The shirt was pretty inspirational all on its own. The only problem was that it was kind of shapeless and big. It was the only size available but my daughter didn't like the fit nearly as much as the positive message it had on it..


I started by cutting off the lower hem. I wanted a raw cut edge for my next step.


I folded the shirt in half so I could find the center of the front of the shirt. I cut a little piece of fabric from the front and a big piece from the back. It looks a little weird here doesn't it?


This is what I ended up with. I wanted the two hanging tabs in the front. The shirt is shorter now but I didn't change the size of the shirt anywhere else.
If you look closely you can see the logo on the right sleeve. My daughter had a plan to hide that.


I rolled up the sleeves twice and I put in a few stitches to hold the rolled cuffs in place. Rolling the cuffs hid the logo on the sleeve. The red shirt looks great without the logo.


The two tabs in the front get tied in the center and it draws the whole shirt in at the waist. I didn't want to make the shirt too short. You can make your shirt whatever length you want to fit you best. The shirt still has a nice loose fit but is not as long and shapeless anymore.


My daughter was happy with how this shirt turned out. I kept the basic shape and size but it is a little more fun and cute. It is perfect with high-waisted pants.
Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

*Year end update- My daughter still likes this shirt and wears it often.

No comments: