Wednesday, February 21, 2018

All Buttoned Up

Hello Readers. I saw this dress at a clothes swap and I was crazy about it at first sight.



At first glance this dress looks like it has polka dots but in reality it had these super fun buttons all over it. I don't know how they made such a fun fabric into such a dowdy dress. When I saw the buttons I really wanted to see if I could make this dowdy dress a little more fun. 
I also wanted to try to close up the deep V-neck.



This dress is really soft stretchy fabric. I would never need to iron this dress. That was a big plus for me. I don't like to iron very much. (Does anyone?)


I didn't change the dress very much in style. I made the sleeves more narrow so they could stay up on my arms at a 3/4 length. I also made it about 5 inches shorter. Those long pieces of fabric on each side of the dress are the ends of the waist sash/belt. It was really long and the fabric was very heavy.


I connected the ends in the back so it still pulled the dress in but there isn't yards of fabric hanging down.


I connected the V-neck so it wasn't so loose and open. It really helped make the top fit better. The rest of the dress fits better too. And I still love the buttons so much!


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

*Year end update- I still love this dress so much!

2 comments:

Rozy Lass said...

That dress is adorable and lovely on you. And yes, I am one of the weird ones who likes to iron. It is a great way to justify watching a movie in the middle of the day!

I Can Work With That said...

I figured there was someone out there who liked ironing! i will try the movie idea, maybe that will help me. Thanks for the comment!