Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Adding Some Trim

Hello Readers. Do you have items of clothing that almost works for you but needs a little something? I did. And this beautiful cotton trim was my answer.


I have had this skirt for ages. It is actually the lower half of a dress. I cut the top off when it got too small. I love the elastic waist. It is so nice and light and comfortable. It is so light weight it can be a little too light weight. It blows around in the breeze more than I liked. I didn't wear it often because I was always afraid it would blow up and I would be flashing people. 


It was easy to attach to the bottom of the skirt. It only took a few minutes. This trim is machine washable so I don't have to worry about giving it special care. And it's so thick, I don't think it will need much ironing either. (Full disclosure; my daughter used this trim on something else so I have seen how it held up to real life wear.)

(Actual sewing!)

I love how it turned out. It added just enough weight and structure to the bottom of the skirt to keep it from blowing up in the breeze. It added a little length and it jazzed up the skirt a little too. That's always fun, right?


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.



No comments: