Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Too Much Purple Sweater

Hello Readers. How are you today? It is chilly and the weather calls for sweaters and boots if you ask me. I had this big purple sweater dress. It was OK before except those long arms are hanging over my hands. (Imagine trying to drive like this. I need my hands.)  There is just so much of purple knit. Purple everywhere. It's too much.


I gave it a quick cut through the middle. I have a plan for this sweater and it needs to be shorter and those arms need to be shorter if I am ever going to wear this safely.


I also had this light pink shirt. I know what you are thinking. "That is not even a shirt. It might want to be a shirt, but it isn't really a shirt." You are right. It is completely sheer and I have no idea what some designer thought when they made this. Why even bother sewing this? I don't get it. I took it from a clothes swap because I thought the trim was pretty. But it gets even better...


You can see I cut the trim off. I didn't need to worry about the sheer fabric fraying, it's plastic y'all! That's right, someone made a plastic mesh-like see through shirt. The mind boggles. The trim is nice cotton and the lace at the bottom is in great shape, let's give it a new life.


I don't know if this sweater would fray or not but it doesn't matter, I used a zigzag stitch to attach it to the lace. That will keep the raw edge together nicely. I added trim to the sleeves of the sweater in the same way.


Here is my finished sweater. It is soft and cozy and the trim made it so much more interesting. This is a better amount purple for me, I like it so much better than the whole purple dress. The lace trim doesn't connect in the back, it made it more roomy and easier to put on and take off.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: