Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Separates From a Dress Part 2

 Hello Readers. I like dresses but separates can be a lot more versatile. When I saw this gorgeous dress I knew I wanted to take it apart and make separate pieces that I could wear in more ways.

 Before and after.

I used a seam ripper to take the dress apart. I wanted to make a top and I needed the top of the dress by itself. 

The dress had a zipper in the back. I sewed the back together and cut the zipper out . It is basically a sleeveless top that I pull on over my head. I also used my serger around the bottom of the shirt. 
 
  I turned the edge under and sewed around the hem to finish it. No hem is perfect. Perfection is a myth.

The shirt fit well but the neckline gaped open a bit. I made 2 folds at the neckline and pinned them in place. I folded the fabric over on itself to make the neckline smaller without altering the fit through the chest. 

I sewed 2 buttons onto the shirt where the buttons were. It just added a little something to the neckline. 

 I can wear it with the matching skirt I posted about yesterday or I can wear it with other clothes. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.










No comments: