Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Denim Days; The Denim Suit Jacket

Hello Readers. I love finding unusual items like this jacket when I am thrifting. It is a fun and unique little jacket.


 This jacket was actually half of a suit. I refashioned the skirt about 3 years ago. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the jacket so it sat and waited patiently for me to make up my mind.


The jacket was fabulous but it was a little big and long on me. I also wasn't sure if the 3 big buttons suited me either. But it seemed like such a unique piece of denim, I wanted to try and wear it.


I decided to shorten the sleeves and shorten the body of the jacket. I love the print and hated to cut off the pockets, but I thought it would fit better as a short jacket.


 I swapped out the large buttons for 3 smaller buttons. They were all different but I thought they suited the jacket well. And I liked the mix of designs.


 I think the shorter length worked out well with this jacket. It seemed to fit much better. I also liked the special vibe this jacket had, I tried hard not to lose it. The blue and white designs on each side are still very visible, just a little shorter.

My mother-in-law liked it too.                       

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

*Year end update- My dear mother-in-law enjoyed this little jacket.

No comments: