Friday, December 16, 2022

Dressember #5- Giraffe 2 Piece

 Hello Readers. December is such a busy time of year and it is also the month that Dressember does it's biggest fundraiser of the year. The idea is to wear dresses (Or ties!) all month to raise awareness about human trafficking. Dressember works to fight human trafficking and assist survivors as they start a new life. Go to dressember.org to learn more about their work and how you can help.

What is better than one giraffe sweater? Two giraffe sweaters of course! What was I going to make with these 2 sweaters? A two piece dress!

 Before and after.

These 2 sweaters are exactly the same. They are the same size and the same maker. I really want to make one into a skirt to wear with the matching sweater. It will look like a dress and I can wear it for Dressember.

I started by cutting the sleeves and neckline off the sweater. I was going to make a narrow pencil skirt with the body of the sweater. It is very stretchy material and that will help me get the new skirt to fit. I planned of adding an elastic waistband to finish the cut edge. 

I used my serger on the new side seams and along the top of the new skirt. 

This off-white elastic would match well to the sweater.

But when the whole outfit is together, you don't see the elastic anyway.

I thought this sweater would be good for warmth because it is cold outside! Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
*Year End Note From Chickie- This is like pajamas and the sweater feels like a robe. I love them.






No comments: