Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Using LLR Leggings

 Hello Readers. Real talk. I needed new underwear and it led to this sewing project. I could have bought underwear but I decided to make my own custom fitted underwear. And I am really glad I did.

 
Before and after. 
 
I don't want you to think this is a blog that is going to hate on leggings. It's not. I love stretchy pants as much as any middle-aged woman. But when I was cleaning up and putting away laundry I realized that I had collected a lot of leggings. It seemed to be too many pairs. I couldn't fit them all in one drawer. That was too many. I was trying to figure out where to put all the leggings and thought I should maybe get rid of some. I saved all the solid colors to wear and decided to use the wild patterns for something I needed.

I decided to make underwear. (Note*If you are looking for tips on how to make sexy lingerie, this is not the right place. I am making boring, full coverage granny panties here.) I took all the leggings and got to work. I cut the waistband off the leggings and saved it for later.
 
I cut the legs apart along  the inner leg seam so I could spread the fabric out. I used my underwear pattern from Megan Nielsen Patterns. This is a great pattern. You can go to her site to see all the patterns she has for sale.  (*Not an ad. She doesn't know me.)
 
  Why did I decide to make underwear? Because I needed some new underwear. I almost bought some but then I said, "Wait!" I could make my own with this super soft legging fabric.
 
I made a lot of underwear. There are a few pairs that didn't get in the picture.
 
 I put the waistband back on the underwear instead of making a waistband as the pattern directed. It was faster and it made them a little more high at the waist than the pattern called for. That is the fun of sewing, you decide what you want to make and how it should fit you. 
 
I used the rest of the legging fabric too. 
 
 I cut squares and put them together to make wash clothes. These are so soft and gentle, especially around the eyes. I just serged the edges of 2 squares together.
 
I made as many wash clothes as I could because you can't have too many. These will be great.

These were so soft on my face too. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
*Year End Note From Chickie- This underwear turned out great. Some of the lace fell apart after a few months of washing. It was very disappointing. 


 


 

 

 

 

 


2 comments:

jenny_o said...

What a fantastic idea! And wow you surely did have a surplus of leggings :D I love all the different patterns!

I Can Work With That said...

I did not realize how many pairs of leggings I had somehow collected. It was crazy. It worked out well though.
Chickie