Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Quick Evening Dress

 Hello Readers. I was going to New York City and needed a nice evening look. I am getting dinner and a show. This dress seemed perfect but why is it so long???

 
Before and after.

 This dress was too long. I gave it a big cut in length, I wanted long but not this long. 

 I can't be dragging my dress own the side walk in New York City. Gross!
 
When my dress was cut it needed a new hem.

  

 I used my serger machine to sew around the bottom. I folded the edge under and sewed it down. Knits like this don't fray but I wanted to look nice and neat. I didn't have a ton of time to get myself packed and organized so a simple cut and hem was perfect for this night out. 

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.  

No comments: