Hello Readers. I needed a simple dressy evening look for a night out on the town. I didn't have a ton of time to spend on it but I wanted something pretty. and comfortable! This lace top was just the thing.
Before and after. This top had a beige lining in it originally. It was acetate and that is hot, sweaty, and irritates my skin. (I need to breathe.) It also looks like my skin a little like I am not wearing anything under the top. I decided to cut the lining out of the top and wear something else under it.
It was simple to cut out the lining. I slowly worked my way around the top until the lining was cut away. I added elastic to make puffed sleeves. It just seemed more dressy and more feminine.
I threaded the elastic through the hem of the sleeve and tied the ends together.
The elastic is comfortable but gathers the sleeve and makes a little puffed sleeve.
Apologies for the bad photo. I wore my new top over a tank top and went out to see a show with my daughter. It was a great evening. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.







No comments:
Post a Comment