Friday, May 24, 2019

Pink and Purple

Hello Readers. Today's post is about 2 shirts that each needed some help. I worked on them at the same time so I am writing about them at the same time. It's a two-fer today.

Here are the 2 shirts. One is a pink t-shirt. It was bright and cheerful but pretty basic. The problem was with that deep V-neck. Why so low??
The other shirt is a purple cotton tunic that was very light weight and perfect for summer. I loved the material and colors. The problem? It was getting so old, it had some worn spots that didn't look very nice.

Let's start with the purple shirt. It also had a deep V-neck and it was getting really worn out. I liked the shirt so much, I wanted to fix it. I stitched the deepest part of the V-neck closed. The worn spots are all inside. No one knows they are there.
 Well, no one but you.

The picture on the left is one of the long sleeves. It was really worn out. My solution was to cut the sleeves as short as needed to get rid of all the worn areas. I turned the edges under and stitched them down. Now they were always short sleeves. I also shortened the entire shirt because bottom edge had a few rough spots too.


Here is a look at what was removed from the purple shirt. 

I basically cut off or hid all the bad spots of this shirt. It turned out well and it is still just as soft and comfortable.

The pink shirt was easy to fix. I took a small piece of purple material from the first shirt, that was not damaged, and used it to fill in the deep V of the pink shirt.

It filled in the V-neck well and the pink shirt isn't so revealing anymore.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
***Year End update- This purple shirt was so nice and light in the summer heat. And it didn't seem to need ironing. The pink was such a happy color. I love that one too.











2 comments:

Athena said...

Both are great!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks a lot! They will be great shirts for summer.
Chickie