Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The White Sweater Round-up; Part 1

Hello Readers. I noticed recently that I had quite a few white sweaters on my refashion rack. Four to be exact. I don't know how or why I end up with similar items to refashion at the same time. I didn't intend to collect white sweaters, but there they were. I rounded them all up and made some changes.


This white sweater had some nice lace panels on the front and 3/4 length sleeves. I thought it was great, but I had 3 other white sweaters. I didn't need that many.


When looking through the refashion rack I also found this white top with similar lace at the neckline. They were so similar I decided they were meant to be together. (Surprise, you're married now.)


Here is my fix for the white color. Yes, it is Rit dye. This dye is the type for synthetic fabrics. The sweater had a synthetic lining behind the lace and I was not sure if the sweater itself was 100% cotton. (Also this purple dye was on sale at my Walmart for $2.00 and I didn't have a purple sweater.)

 *Not paid by Rit. They don't even know me. 

The sweater and shirt took the dye really well. The purple turned out soft but not pastel. The lace was very visible, I was happy with that.


Here is the weird thing, the lining of the sweater stayed white. Why? I don't know. I used the synthetic dye, it should have worked. 


I think the sweater looked fine even with the white lining. The purple is all you can really see when it is worn.
This little combo is perfect for work and commuting. If it is hot, I can take the sweater off. If someone sets the A.C. on arctic levels, I can wear the sweater. And in the afternoon when it is time to drive home, and the car has been baking in the sun, and it is like an oven, I can wear just the shirt again. Yes, I gave that a lot of thought.


***Sweater 2; The Fake Out***
I realized I should keep at least one white sweater. This was the one I kept. It is light weight and shaped a little like a kimono. It is great for work too. 


Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
  *Year end update-This purple sweater is great for work in the summer. The second sweater goes with everything. I took the sides in a little later but it looks about the same.

No comments: