Friday, November 16, 2018

The Boring Pink Sweater

Hello Readers. Do you have any boring clothes? Clothes that are just blah. I do, but I don't like to let them stay that way. This pink sweater was a snooze-fest. It's made of cashmere and that is the only reason I loved it so much. I am addicted to cashmere. It feels like it is made from some kind of special angel yarn.


Here is the boring but super soft sweater. I decided to use these weird cotton pajama pants to dress up the sweater. These pants are supposed to be a cropped capri length but on me they just look like shrunken pants.


My first step was to cut the side seams open. I wanted to add some extra fabric in the sides. Cashmere does not fray so I could cut it and work with it without any fuss.


I cut the waistband off the pajama pants and I cut narrow strips of the striped fabric. I used the stripes as a guide and it made the measuring and cutting very easy.

 Horizontal pieces.                  Vertical pieces.  

I added a long vertical strip of fabric to each side of the sweater. The extra fabric added a couple inches of room to the sweater.


I connected some of the horizontal pieces and made pleats. It took a while but it wasn't hard.


I connected the pleated fabric to the waistband of the sweater. It added a punch of color and it made the sweater a bit longer. 


The sleeves of the sweater were a little long so I cut a few inches off. I added a piece of the waistband as a cuff on each sleeve. It finished the sleeves and added some color there.

 

The stripes add some color and I like the ruffle at the waist. The sweater isn't as plain as it was, but it is still casual. I could wear it anywhere.


I was supposed to go out and do some things but Mother Nature had other plans. We got a lot sleet and snow, so I didn't go anywhere in this sweater yet.


Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

*Year end update- This sweater is cute, soft, fun, and warm. It has been a month and a half since I made it and I still enjoy wearing it.

No comments: