Wednesday, November 21, 2018

The Bathrobe Sweater

Hello Readers. I titled this post "The Bathrobe Sweater" because it originally looked like a robe on me. I love cozy robes but this wasn't working.


I don't remember where I got this long sweater but I love gray and black.
 I thought about making a dress out of this but it was too clingy to be worn as a dress. When it was buttoned it seemed to emphasis all the bumps and bulges that I wouldn't want to show. It needed something under it but it/I just looked lumpy. So it wasn't going to be a dress.


I decided to make a tunic length cardigan. It would look better on top of other clothes and layers are great in the cold weather. 
I shortened the sleeves and made the body of the sweater much shorter. It was quick and easy work.


I love this sweater when it is open and hangs loose. I wore it to work, just like this. When it is open it has a light flowy look. No lumps or bulges in sight.


Thanks for spending some of your time with me. If you are in the U.S. you might be preparing for Thanksgiving today. That is what I am doing today. I hope you have a wonderful day with family and friends.
If you aren't in the U.S., I wish you the same thing.

*Year end update- This is such a great sweater. How did I ever get along without it?

2 comments:

Jewel Kelley said...

How did you finish the edge of the sleeves and the hem?

I Can Work With That said...

Hi Jewel, I turned the edge under and stitched it down. It was really easy to work with, almost like a thick t-shirt material.
I hope that helps.
Chickie