Friday, November 23, 2018

The Scarf Sweater

Hello Readers. I have a great sweater idea for you. This was so easy to make and it kept me warmer too.


I started with this basic black cardigan. It was a loose fit and light weight sweater. It was also plain.


I removed all the buttons from the front of the sweater really quick and then moved on to the fun part of this little project.


I wanted to add this scarf to the front of this sweater. I also wanted to to cross the scarf over itself and leave it unfastened in the front. It will need to be pulled over my head to put on.


I used my machine to attach the scarf around the neck of the sweater. I criss-crossed the sweater in the front and then kept sewing it to front opening of the sweater.
This might sound confusing...


Here is a look at the finished sweater. I think looking at the sweater makes more sense than my describing it.

Extra scarf=extra warm.             High neck=warm neck

You can see how the sweater opens in the front. It isn't open all the way down the front like a cardigan anymore, but it isn't closed either. The criss-crossed scarf keeps the sweater closed when it is worn, but it does open. I wore a shirt under it in case it opened too much. It stayed closed well and it was warm and cozy.
This would be such a great top for nursing moms. I wish I had thought of it when I was nursing. It opens easily and the scarf could be used as a cover if and when needed.


Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

*Year end update- I am so glad I made this warm sweater. It was simple to make and so wonderful for winter.

No comments: