Friday, September 21, 2018

Fall Colors; Green, Red and Orange

Hello Readers. It's fall already. I know that for sure because we got some cool weather and pumpkin spice flavored drinks are everywhere. I love how the trees explode with so many gorgeous colors. This shirt and sweater made me think of the orange and red of the trees.


This shirt and sweater came from my daughter. That means they were probably from the junior section. Everything in the junior section is made for people younger, thinner and taller than I am. The sweater was too long and the sleeves were ridiculously too long.
 The tank underneath was what I loved most, but it was cut very full around the body and stuck out in front. 
It's a good thing I like to try to alter anything and everything, so here we go.


Here is my method for shortening clothes when I want to keep the ribbed edge at the hem. I folded the sweater up on itself, with the right-sides touching. I stitched a new seam along the ribbed edge and then cut out the excess material. 
I used the same idea to shorten the sleeves. I folded the sleeve up on itself, again with the right-sides touching and stitched over the ribbed cuff. I cut off the excess material from the inside and I was done.
This sweater was a tight knit, it wouldn't fray and was easy to work with.


Here was the tank. It just needed a little of the fullness removed from the body. I didn't love the skinny little straps but the green sweater would hide those. I was just crazy about these colors!
Who designed this fabric? I love it!


I made this sweater into more of a bolero length and made the sleeves 3/4 length too.


That's it for today. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

*Year end update- I still love this combo. It is just too cold to wear it right now.

No comments: