Wednesday, August 15, 2018

This Skirt Is Too Sheer

Hello Readers. My daughter passed this peasant skirt on to me because it was too sheer. She didn't like it. I didn't like how sheer it was either. I decided to use it in a different way.


This skirt needed a heavy slip to wear with it. Heavy slips are just annoying and uncomfortable in the summer. I wanted to use this skirt to make a fun top instead.


I decided to cut the top of the skirt off. I ended up with a big ruffle. I wanted to use that elastic waistband in my new shirt. I gave the ruffle a new hem and saved the rest of the skirt for later.


I also had this very nice tank top from Black Market/White House. It was too low cut for my taste, but I liked the color and fabric a lot. When I look for clothing to refashion I usually look at the fabric, not the item itself. Good quality fabric can be made into something else. Cheap fabric will never look great, no matter what I make out of it.
 If I could make this tank top less low cut somehow, I could actually wear it.


I put the top of the skirt on to the tank top. I pinned them together. Easy-peasy.


I stitched them together and cut the straps off the shirt. I had an off-the-shoulder top. The elastic waistband of the skirt keeps the shirt up at the shoulders. And the cleavage is all covered so it isn't revealing at all.


This new top is a lot more fun that it was as a skirt.


Thanks for reading this post, now go make something fun for yourself.

*Year end update- This was a fun summer top. I still like it.


4 comments:

KD said...

Ingenious!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks KD! I appreciate the comment.
Chickie

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE this! You have such an imagination! You are also very lucky that you have such a trim little figure (a bit like mine was 30 years ago ;)) Thank you for the inspiration! Hazel x

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comment, this was a really fun top.
Chickie