Wednesday, July 18, 2018

There's a Hole in My Sweater

Hello Readers. Big dramatic refashions are fun but sometimes just a little change is needed. Today's post is about a simple sweater that needed a little fix.


This sweater is not really very exciting. It's just a plain black cardigan. But we all need some basics in our closet right? This sweater had a little hole on the shoulder. I couldn't wear it like this. If it isn't fixed the hole will get bigger and bigger. I will fix it and maybe I could make the whole sweater a little more fun as well.


I decided to add something to hide the hole and the little mending job I did. I chose some giraffe buttons I have had for ages. (I think they were my mothers. Thanks Mom!)
The little giraffe was cute and I love using items I have sitting around. (And that little giraffe deserved to get out of the sewing box and see the world.)


That little giraffe had some friends too. They all deserve to get out of the sewing box. I replaced the buttons on the front of the sweater with these cute little giraffes. The red is a nice contrast with the black sweater and they just look fun.


Thanks for reading this post, now go make something fun for yourself.

*Year end update- I still wear this light weight sweater often it is great to layer over other shirts even in winter. 

No comments: