Wednesday, June 27, 2018

T-shirt Mania 1; Using a Freebie

 Hello Readers. A long while back I grabbed some free T-shirts that were being given away at my local rec center.  They were not super cute, so I have been using them in other projects. This is one of those projects. And it's the first in a series of summer t-shirt refashions.


The sign said "Free Shirts" so, I helped myself to several. I still have some left. You are going to see a few more of these in the future.


 Here is the original shirt. I am not a member of this dance group but I can always use a white shirt. I am going to cut the front of this shirt off completely to get rid of the writing.


Here is the cute shirt. The embroidery on the front is very pretty and I like the cording around the neck but these racer back style tops don't work for me. I think I need to invest in the kind of bra that has this kind of back or has convertible straps. Until I do that, I can wear this new shirt I am making.
 

I put both the shirts on my dress form. I needed to see how much of the blue shirt it would take to cover the whole logo on the front. I plan to use the front of this blue shirt and insert it into the white shirt. The back will be the white shirt so I will have more coverage.


This shirt had a small logo on the sleeve too. I used a little extra piece of the blue shirt to make a pocket and attach it to the sleeve to cover the writing up.


Here is my new shirt. I kept the cording at the neck. It was pretty and unique. The shirt is nice and loose but not overly baggy.Great for the hot days of summer.


Thanks for reading this post, now go make something fun for yourself.

*Year end update- I liked this shirt but my washer destroyed it. We got a new washer asap!

No comments: