Wednesday, June 13, 2018

In The Pink 2

Hello Readers. I had a few pink items waiting to be refashioned so, I am working on them one after another. Today's items were 2 shirts that were just not wearable for me. They were pretty but...


SHIRT 1
Why were they unwearable Chickie? Surely you could wear them somewhere. No. This shirt is just too weird. It is made of 2 layers. The blue underneath is a simple knit material. This outer layer is gorgeous but it is in separate panels. And yes they do fly up and flap around like a bird when you are walking around.


Yes, the back panel flys around too. I don't want to walk around with these pieces of material flying up at me all the time. It just makes me uncomfortable. If I am cooking dinner will they fly up catch on fire? With my luck, they probably will. I don't need this kind of danger in my life.


The first thing I did was to connect all the panels and it made normal looking shirt.


I cut the body of the shirt off the top of the shirt. I had the blue layer and the patterned layer. They are both finished at the hem so they will make a fast skirt.


I attached the two layers to the outside of a simple elastic waistband. I pinned it all in place and then stitched it down with a zigzag stitch. I wanted to cover those raw cut edges and make sure it had a little give around the elastic..




Then I turned the elastic in so it was totally covered with the skirt fabric. I tacked it down so it could not flip around.



SHIRT 2
This pink shirt is long like a tunic but it is also really full. Like really super full. It would be great over leggings. But it is so full and loose at the bottom that if you bend over to attend to your child (Or wrestle him into the doctor's office.) it will drag on the ground and flash everyone. Don't ask how I know, I just know.

Dark photo 1

I cut the entire hem off. I am going to use it somewhere else. I also cut the shirt in a straight shape. I saved those triangle pieces too. I have a plan for these pink scraps. You can see them next time.

Dark photo 2

Here is an unedited picture of this great outfit. My husband took this when I was making faces at him. And a nicer shot of this outfit. It is fun and easy going, two things I always want to be.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

*Year end update- This shirt and skirt are still favorites. The colors are so pretty to me.










1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comment.
Chickie