Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Staying Warm In White

Hello Readers. It was still chilly (But not freezing.) in my part of the world and I was still working on refashioning warm clothes for cool days.


I had this big white poncho style sweater with some fun fringe on the bottom. I know ponchos are made to be shapeless but I felt a little lost in this big white sweater.
(I realized too late that the white background was not helpful when the sweater was white too.)


I took a little fabric out of the sides of the sweater. I made more distinct sleeves and a more narrow body. I didn't change the length but it looked shorter when it was done because it was more narrow.

(I didn't intend to make the cut off material look like stingrays. That was just a fun accident. But can you see a stingray shape? Is it just me? Am I seeing things?)


The sweater has a closer fit now but I left a little bit of the original poncho shape. It is very comfortable and a nice layer on top of another shirt. It is also great for lounging outside in a big upholstered chair. 


Why am I sitting on a chair outside? Who puts an upholstered chair like this outside? It just doesn't make any sense. The reason for this weird picture? My husband was working on this chair in the garage. I used it as a prop. I sat down on it and made him take my picture.  
Thanks for reading this post, now go make something fun and warm for yourself.

*Year end update- I really liked this sweater but I never wore it again. I don't know why.

No comments: