Friday, December 22, 2017

Dresses For December Part 7, The Dowdy One

Hello Readers. Yes, I am still deep into a pile of dress refashions in honor of Dressember. They do their big fundraising effort in December (December/Dressember, get it?). Dressember estimates that 2 million children are being exploited. It's heartbreaking and we all need to be aware of the problem.
 
Today's dress refashion started as a simple black dress. It was in nice shape but the style and length was more than dowdy. It was almost depressing. Black is a great color to have in your wardrobe but it can look severe and bland sometimes.
 
 
Here is the black dress I started with. It was not bad as far as size but the length was very matronly on me. It was ankle length on me and that long skirt isn't doing me any favors. I look a little lost in this dress.

 
I decided to give it a BIG cut in the length. It needed to be shorter and hopefully it would be more fun. I gave it a quick hem and I was finished with this dress.

 
I really liked the shorter length and it was easy to wear once I was not tripping on the hem anymore.
This is my little guy refusing to look at the camera and refusing kisses too.

 
Thanks for reading this post, I send you my best wishes during this holiday season.

No comments: