Friday, November 10, 2017

The Strapless Problem (Gravity)

Hello Readers. Let me ask you a question. Do you hate strapless clothes? Do you just hate them? OK, hate is a strong word. Don't get me wrong, they can look great. At first they seem like they are going to be your friend and then what happens? GRAVITY HAPPENS! At least it happens to me. Every time. Even when I think they are going to fit and stay up, they start to slide down and I have to spend all day tugging them up. It is really annoying.
I found this green and black dress and loved the green layered skirt but hated the strapless top.
 

 OK, here is your up close look at the front and the back. It was simple and classic in design but I still didn't like it. The back was very open and I knew that would be too much skin exposure for me. (I do want to give credit to whoever came up with the design that allows for a regular strapless bra. At least they made an effort to allow a normal female to wear this. Not everyone wants to go braless or buy a $200 weird bra contraption.)

 
This black top is made of knit fabric. That meant I could cut the black fabric off with no fraying to worry about. Bye strapless top!

 
The skirt had elastic built in already. I just folded the black edge in and stitched it down so it wouldn't show. I stretched the skirt as I sewed so I wouldn't lose any of the stretch of the waistband.

 
Now I have a flowy feminine green skirt. I liked it with black so I wore a black sweater and I was done. I can imagine wearing this skirt in the spring too. You can see the multiple layers of fabric well in this picture.
 
 
Thanks for reading this post, now go make something fun for yourself.
 

2 comments:

cindy said...

I like what you did and thanks for explaining it so thoroughly

I Can Work With That said...

Hi Cindy,
Glad you liked the post.
Happy sewing to you!
Chickie