Thursday, August 31, 2017

Maxed Out Two

Hello Readers. It is time for the second in the maxi-dress/skirt series. I came across a cute knit dress at a clothes swap. You don't try things on at clothes swaps, you just look at the clothes and if you like it, you take it. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. This dress was so soft and stretchy, I didn't realize it was going to be SO tight. And it was tight y'all. It was so tight that I just couldn't post the full image for the whole internet. 
(I have kids, what if they run for president, and someone finds this picture of their mom is some crazy, tight,  jail-striped dress that showed all my personal lumps and bumps? I couldn't live with that.)  


This dress was so tight that even my dog was disturbed by it, and he refused to look at me.


I decided I really liked the material of this dress. It was soft, casual and very comfortable. I cut off the top part of the dress. That left the bottom of the dress which was bigger and fuller


I folded in the cut edge and made a casing for elastic.


I love this skirt, it is the softest fabric and I love the stripes. It was great for lounging on the hammock. (Y'know, how moms lounge. That is a joke. I was on this hammock for about 30 seconds.)


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.





No comments: