Thursday, May 18, 2017

Dressing Up The Front Porch

Hello Readers. I hope you are doing well where ever you are. I love to sew, as you know from reading my blog. I also enjoy flowers and plants. I do not have a real talent for gardening, I just like flowers. I decided to display some flowers and plants on my front porch. I started with this wooden ladder.
 It was a little wobbly and my husband insisted on using it. I took it away to keep him safe really. 


You can see I painted the ladder. I also painted the little wooden kid sized chair to match. I do not have a picture of the old paint cans I used to paint them. Imagine old crusty cans of paint. I used a some white and a small dash of green, basically the slime at the bottom of the cans. I mixed the paints together and painted in a sloppy, haphazard manner. I didn't think it had to be perfect, it was going to be outside and covered with plants anyway.


I used this planter my mother-in-law gave me. It has a couple hosta plants in it. I didn't get then planted in the ground anywhere so they are going to be on the front porch too.


A month or so has past since the picture above. Look at how much that hosta grew!


Oops! This pot full of iris took a tumble and broke. It seemed balanced and secure on the ladder.


I suspect this little guy tried to climb the ladder. He loves to climb, I should have thought of that before I put a ladder right by the front door. 


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself. 


No comments: