Hello Readers. I have a small collection of button down shirts that I plan to refashion for the warm weather. This is the first shirt from the series. It is a bit too big. I could roll the sleeves and wear it loose. I like that look. But....
One sleeve has some tiny holes in it.
And the collar has a black mark.
The damaged parts have to go. I removed the sleeves and collar and that left me with a tank top shape to work with.
I thought I would use this cute colorful bias tape to finish the edges and make it more interesting. My daughter made it and it is perfect for Spring.
That didn't do anything good for this top. It looks like a hospital gown. Or pajamas. Neither is a very flattering look. I unpinned this and thought of a new plan.
I worked on the fit. I took it in a little under the arms so it wouldn't gape open. I also shortened the straps at the top. I didn't want it too tight but it was big on me so the sleeve and neck holes needed to be taken in.
In the end I chose black bias tape and added a little bow to finish it off.
I used this liquid Fray Check on the ends of the ribbon. It will make the ribbon last longer and look nicer wear after wear. That is what it said on the package anyway.
The finished look is a little retro. I am liking it a lot.
Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.