Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Red, White and Blue Part 2; T Shirts and Nursing Tops

Hello Readers. This is the second of three refashions that made an entire outfit. Today's project is this shirt. It is a nice waffle weave or thermal type shirt. I think it will be great for the cold and snow. (Again! We are getting a real winter this year.) The design is great too, but it was a bit too large.


I sewed a new seam on each side. I started at the bottom and stitched all the way to the wrist. It only took a few minutes to finish this shirt.


You could stop with that, and you probably will. If you have a baby and are a nursing mom this last part is for you. I cut two openings in the shirt. One on each side of the front. I made them about 5 inches long. They won't fray and they won't show under the button down shirt I showed you yesterday. It is easy to nurse and gives more coverage than some other style nursing tops. And the best part is, it didn't cost a thing.


Here are the two tops together. I really liked how the patterns played off each other. The blue thermal matches the color of the denim trim really well. They were meant to be together. At least until summertime. When it is hot I can wear the sleeveless shirt by itself.



Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: