Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Too Cropped For Comfort

Hello Readers. As I write this it is very cold and windy and I need a cozy sweatshirt to keep me warm. That's today's project. I love this pale shade of pink in this sweatshirt..


I actually bought this from the store. That is rare for me. I choose it from the clearance rack at Kohl's right before I had my baby 7 months ago. I thought (or hoped) after the little guy was born it would fit. The problem? It is a cropped style shirt and I will never wear it as is. When I raise my arms all kinds of tummy comes out of hiding. That is not good folks!

                                               

     I used an old black shirt with a similar weight fabric to add some length to the pink sweatshirt. I             will add the pink waistband back on the bottom of the lengthened shirt at the very end. I saw                                              something like this on the Refashion Co-op blog.


I cut the bottom off both shirts. I folded the shirt over on itself as I cut so it would stay even.


I decided to get crafty and use some of the extra black fabric to make a flower. I hand stitched it to the front of the pink shirt. 


Here is a close up of the flower. It is over exposed so you can see the detail. The top flower is smaller than the one on the bottom. The pom-pom in the middle was in my drawer of sewing stuff, so why not use it. This is almost too cute for me. If it wasn't black, I couldn't handle it.


I went shopping with my daughter later this day. It was very windy, as you can see. That blur across my face is my hair.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fabulous for yourself.




No comments: