Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Rainbow Sherbet Outfit

Hello Readers. This project came together by accident.


 It started with these shorts that were passed on to me from my lovely daughter. She is much taller than I am so these shorts were very long on me.They made my legs look even shorter than they really are. I just cut them off and plan to let them fray naturally. One of the perks of being a SAHM is the lack of dress code. They also have a nice color inside when they are rolled up.


The top was handed down to me from my mother. Bless her, she is a great source of hand-me-downs. But the sleeves on this top were very long. Perhaps my arms are shorter than the norm. Whatever.


The top fit in front but the back was a little too loose and billowy. It makes me look very full figured. This is not a problem because I can fix this yummy rainbow sherbet top in no time, just watch me.


I spread the top out so I could decide what I had to work with.
I cut the sleeves and left about an inch extra. I plan to turn the fabric under twice and sew the edges.


I also turned the top inside out and folded it in half, straight down the middle of the back.


I sewed down the back of the shirt. Taking off more at the bottom than I did at the top. I used the smallest stitches I could so it will really hold together. I cut the extra off with pinking shears to help with the fraying.


 Here is the finished outfit.The top is still loose but not quite as large. It makes me think of a big bowl of rainbow sherbet. Who doesn't love that? Thanks for reading, now go make something fabulous.




No comments: