Saturday, September 5, 2015

It's a Shirt, It's a Jacket... No, It's a Skirt!


Hello Readers. Today's project was a heavy weight shirt or it was a light weight jacket, I couldn't really tell. Either way, it became a skirt. 



 I have been wanting a denim skirt for a while. When I saw this heavy cotton material I thought it would be sturdy enough to be a skirt.  The circles are whimsical and cute too.


I began by cutting off the arms and shoulders. This gave me a basic square to work with. The bottom hem will be the bottom hem of the skirt. I narrowed the top in to make the waist of a basic A-line skirt.


I tried it on a few times to make the skirt fit well through the hips and waist. Then I folded the top edge down to make a waist band. I could have inserted elastic to tighten the waist even more, but I didn't need to.


It was easier than I thought it would be. The loose fit helps make this an easy project. The buttons were already there so I was half done when I started.


I wore it when I went out to look at Autumn plants. It's very comfortable in today's heat and I can wear it with tights and a sweater in cold weather.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fabulous for yourself.


No comments: