Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Herb Garden Flower Pots


 Hello Readers. Today's project is an herb garden out of mismatched pots.
 I didn't get a picture of my collection of pots but any pots will do. Mine were all pretty close in size, I wanted them all on my kitchen windowsill. Summer is ending so I wanted some herbs inside.

Really, any pots will work, but this is a bit small.
 
 Even giant pots, if that's what you're into. 

 
I found these pots at the garden store. They had the trays that go underneath too. 
 
 
Now, here is the unifying factor. I painted them all to make them match. I used chalkboard paint in a can and painted the pots with a brush. I just found this spray paint at the store and I can think of a ton of stuff to paint with it.
 
 
Back to the project! I painted any part of the pot that had a design or color on it. Most of my pots had some clay showing so I left those parts alone. 

I wrote on each pot with chalk to note which herb was going in each pot. I can change the label if I change or kill the plant. Now to the garden center for some soil and seeds or plants. Happy gardening to you. Thanks for reading.

No comments: